Using a Registered Migration Agent

Providing migration advice in Australia requires registration with the ‘Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority’ (MARA) and sound knowledge of migration law and professional behavior in accordance with the MARA’s Code of Conduct.

Members of the ‘Migration Institute of Australia’ (MIA) abide by a further Code of Ethics and Practice and have access to the resources provided by the peak professional body, including updates on legislative and regulatory change, comprehensive professional services and high level Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses.

The ‘Migration Institute of Australia’ encourages migrants to use an RMA to obtain migration advice to fully understand their options and to prepare and submit visa applications.