Skilled Visas & Migration
Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply. Applications for this visa are by invitation only following submission of a successful Expression of Interest (EOI). Visa applicants can be in or outside Australia when they apply for the visa and when the visa is granted.
You might be eligible to apply for this visa if you were invited. When we sent you your letter of invitation, you must also have:
- nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list.
- obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
- not yet turned 50 years of age.
- achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test.
- at least competent English.
- been nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.